Driving Safety Course Eligibility
You need to meet the following condition if you wish to dismiss your traffic violation ticket by taking a driving safety or defensive driving course in Texas.
- You have a valid driver license or permit.
- You have auto insurance or adequate proof of financial responsibility.
You are Ineligible if:
- Speeding more than 25mph over the posted speed limit.
- Taken a driving safety or defensive driving course in the last 12 months.
- Charged with reckless driving.
- Involved in a hit and run.
- Charged for passing a school bus.
- Charged for violations in construction zones when workers were present.
- Have a commercial drivers license.
Permission to take a driving safety course is granted by the court listed on your traffic citation. If you have any questions involving this matter or any interpretation of Texas law, it is advisable that you consult with an attorney or with the court that has jurisdiction of the case.